NovaTuff has a variety of primers, including a solvent free polyamidoamine epoxy primer designed to penetrate, seal, and prime the surfaces of concrete and metal, leaving a smooth, pinhole and bubble free surface. The formulation includes a long pot life as well as a low sensitivity to substrate moisture, allowing it the ability to penetrate and bond when applied to a damp surface. NovaTuff P-540 Epoxy Primer is supplied in both a low temperature and high temperature version.
NovaTuff P-540 LT – 41°F to 59°F (5°C to 18°C)
NovaTuff P-540 HT – 59°F to 95°F (15°C to 35°C)
- Long pot life to allow surface penetration into concrete before viscosity increases as the curing reaction takes place.
- Strengthens concrete surface.
- Provides a barrier to outgassing.
- Facilitates application of final coating.
- Excellent adhesion to suitable prepared concrete and sandblasted steel substrates.
- Can be applied to dry or damp surfaces.
NovaTuff P-540 provides a protective primer for concrete and steel surfaces. In real life situations, substrates may be subject to condensing humidity and dampness. NovaTuff P-540 is designed to provide excellent adhesion properties in these conditions.